Warburg Pincus Leads Third-round Investment to DHgate.com with RMB200M
Warburg Pincus ("WP"), a leading PE investor, made a joint announcement with DHgate.com on Mar. 24 that the two sides had signed an agreement on long-term strategic cooperation. DHgate.com has received about RMB200M in a third-round investment led by WP. The other two investors, KPCB China and JAFCO Asia, also participated the previous two rounds of investment.
Wang Shutong, founder and CEO of DHgate.com, said that an explosive growth of online foreign trade market is just at the door now. It is estimated that the turnover of the foreign trade online will reach RMB10B in 2010. The figure may surge to US$10B in the coming three years.
DHgate.com had completed two rounds of investment with investors including some globally recognized institutions, such as KPCB China and JAFCO Asia. The investment from WP plus the funds received in the previous two rounds totals nearly RMB300M. After this round of financing, DHgate.com plans to strengthen its leading position on the market by realizing large-scale growth of buyers and sellers, enhancing customer experience and launching customized value-added services.
- Related News
Popular in 24 Hours
- Source Code Capital Founder Cao Yi: Learn from Shunwei 2014-08-25
- The Several Opinions of the State Council on Accelerating the Development of the Modern Insurance Service Industry Further Accelerates the Development of Insurance Industry; Low-cost Insurance Funds Bring Changes in Asset Management 2014-09-19
- Zhang Lei of Hillhouse Capital: a Buffett-like Billionaire with Investment Secrets2014-09-17
- Aug. 2014 Sees IPOs Dropping and iDreamSky Games Going Public in the US2014-09-12
- Wanda Real Estate Plans An IPO at Year End 2014-09-10
- Quyi Gains US$10M Investment in Round A Financing2014-09-11
- China Renaissance Acts as Talent Scout for Chinese Internet Enterprises and Encourages Corporate Intrapreneurship2014-09-03
- KKR’s Low-key Investment Strategy in China2014-09-10
- What Enlightenment Jack Ma Brings to You2014-09-09
- Zhonghong Holdings’ Secret Agreement on Private Placement Exposed2014-09-09